If you are diagnosed to have high blood pressure, you might be having the worry of reducing its level. Our lifestyle plays a major role in treating high blood pressure. With healthy lifestyle you can delay, reduce or avoid the need for medication.
The following crucial lifestyle changes are sure to lower your blood pressure miraculously and keep it under control.
1. Lose the extra pounds, reduce your weight and watch your waistline. Not only concentrate on reducing weight but also have an eye on your waistline as it can put you in greater risk of blood pressure.
2. Do the exercise regularly: 30 minutes of regular physical activity every day can lower the blood pressure by 4 to 9 millimeters of mercury. Be consistent in doing the exercise else the pressure may rise again.
3. Healthy diet controls the rise of blood pressure: Fresh fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy products, whole grains can reduce your blood pressure up to 14mm Mercury. Apart from these foods, there are also more foods for lowering high blood pressure and get to know them and intake them regularly.
4. Reduce intake of sodium in your regular diet.
5. Prevent or limit the alcohol in-take.
6. Smoking is injurious to health as well as increases your blood pressure for a long time.
7. Cut taking Caffeine: Caffeine can increase the blood pressure up to 10mm of Mercury for the rare coffee consumers. But it has no significant effect for habitual coffee drinking people.
8. Chronic stress contributes greatly on increasing the blood pressure.
9. Visit your doctor regularly and you can monitor the blood pressure at home itself.
10. Support of friends and family are sure to lower the blood pressure and keep you in good health.